Meet the ultimate 10 min lunch. Vermicelli noodles cook in minutes and everything else comes together just as fast. It's meant to be eaten cold which is great for days when lunch is out of the house.
- Banh Hoi Tuoi (Fine Rice Vermicelli)
- 1 head lettuce
- 1 cucumber
- 2 sweet red and yellow peppers
- 2 cups shrimp
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Soak the fine rice vermicelli noodle beds in warm water for 5 min or until soft. While it's soaking, prep all of your vegetables and protein (cook your shrimp if not already).
- Chop up green onion and combine with vegetable oil in a bowl. This will be used to coat the vermicelli noodle beds.
- Once the noodle beds are soft, lay them out on a plate, layering them on top of each other. Make sure to alternate the way you lay them for each layer so that they don't stick together. Also, coat each layer with the green onion and vegetable oil mixture that you made from the previous step. This will help it from further sticking together as well as give it a nice aroma when it's cooked.
- Microwave the noodle beds for 1 minute and make sure to cover it with another plate so it keeps the steam in and keeps it moist.
- Lastly, assemble your vermicelli noodle salad and finish it off with some fish sauce dressing.
Recipe and food styling by Maria Hak