Short on time or experience? This recipe is for you. Welcome the spring season with virtually any combination of stone fruit (or berries). A scoop of ice cream on the side wouldn't go astray either.
- 2 types of stone fruit (we used plums and peaches). Canned is fine if you don't have access to fresh.
- Fruit jam
- Sweet pastry – store bought or homemade.
- Brown Sugar (optional)
- Fruit toppings e.g. blueberries, strawberries, raspberries (optional)
- Grease a baking sheet and heat oven to 375°.
- Cut your stone fruit into thin slices.
- Place pastry flat on baking sheet and spread on fruit jam, leaving a 3 in border around the edge.
- Arrange stone fruit on top of the jam, alternating and overlapping slightly for aesthetic effect.
- Sprinkle on fruit toppings if using. It's best to place them around the outside of your stone fruit as they create bursts of flavor in the corners of the galette.
- Gently fold edges of pastry up and over fruit, pleating as needed. If the dough tears, patch it up.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and brown sugar (if using) evenly over the top of the galette.
- Put in the oven until pastry is golden brown and fruit is bubbling, approx. 30 minutes.
- Best served warm with ice cream. Enjoy!
The galette in process. Image on the left shows step #4, image on the right shows step #7.