The holidays, summed up in a cookie. Nutty and liberally coated in powdered sugar, these snowballs check all the boxes. Gift them or keep them for yourself!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Beat butter for 1 min on medium speed. Add ¾ cup of sugar & beat until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. Add in flour at low speed. Then beat on high & toss in pecans or sprinkles.
- Cover the dough & refrigerate for 30 min.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside.
- Roll 1 tbsp of cookie dough into a ball & place each ball on sheet with at least 2 inch distance in between. Bake the cookies until golden brown (about 15 min)
- Allow cookies to cool for about 5 min. Gently roll them in the remaining sugar then cool completely on wire racks. Give them one last roll in the remaining sugar.