A little citrus to brighten up someone's winter this year. Gifted in one of our INKA Containers, pound cake has never looked better.
- 1 ½ cup (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 5 tbsp lemon extract
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 4 tbsp Miracle Whip
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F & grease a large tube pan with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl & beat until creamy, for 3-4 min. Add eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly until completely incorporated.
- Add lemon extract, sour cream, and Miracle Whip & beat until combined. Then add cake flour and baking powder & mix until just combined.
- Transfer batter into tub pan. Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 hour and 30 min.
- Let cool completely before flipping onto cake tray.
- To make the icing, mix sugar & milk (as needed) until desired consistency. Then enjoy!
Photography and Food Styling by Suzi Hyun, words by Emilie Swan