When the craving for nachos hits (and it will hit), turn to Estelle's nutritious and filling recipe. Pro tip: if you're taking them to go, store your guac and tomatoes in a small Food Container or Sauce Pot to avoid soggy tortillas.
- 2 whole meal tortillas
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
For the Guac:
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 heaping tbsp of cream cheese (or your favorite vegan alternative)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Set the oven to 180c. Cut the tortilla in small triangles and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 5 minutes or until crispy
- Meanwhile, chop the red onion and cut the cherry tomatoes into small pieces.
- For the guac, put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until combined.
- Place the crispy tortillas in your Food Container, add red onion, cherry tomatoes, guac and chili flakes on top. Enjoy!
Recipe and food styling by Estelle Morali