Vegan or not, we can all agree the best part of Thanksgiving dinner is the sides. This is one of those peculiar vegan side dishes that’s packed with the nostalgic Thanksgiving flavors, but is 100% dairy and gluten-free.
- 3 cups green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the cream sauce:
- 2 cups roasted almonds
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp dried mushroom powder
- 1 tsp dried onion powder
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme or 1 tsp of dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 375F. Toss together green beans, shallot, mushrooms and olive oil. Pour into a small casserole dish.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender until smooth. Pour sauce over top of the mixed vegetables.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until browned. Enjoy!
Recipe and food styling by Ann Marie Elaban - a food stylist, content creator, and crafter in Cleveland, Ohio.