Edible flowers are the new sprinkles in 2020. Here's how we used them to upgrade the classic sugar cookie for a more exciting holiday gift.
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- Edible flowers (any will work, we got ours on Etsy)
*OR if you’re short on time, grab your favorite boxed cookie mix like we did.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar & salt. Create a well in the center, add the butter. Combine.
- Knead dough with hands until mixed and smooth. Cover the dough and chill for 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from and place dough between two sheets of parchment paper. Roll dough to 1/4 inch thickness & cut out cookies with a 1 1/2 inch round cutter. Put on lined baking sheet. Place flowers & petals on cookies as desired & press into dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden.
*The edible flowers we used are: Marigold, Micro Orchid, Pansy, Nasturtium.