We know what you're thinking - a salad in fall?! The answer is yes, it's a thing. And it's delicious. Apple cider and fresh fall produce come together to create a comforting dish for cooler weather.
- 2-3 oz mixed greens
- 1/2 thinly sliced honey crisp apple
- 1/2 thinly sliced Anjou pear
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 cooked bacon slices crumbled up
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
For Apple Cider Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/2 cup of apple cider
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped shallots
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First, thinly slice half an apple and pear. Then, chop up your shallots.
- To prepare the vinaigrette, combine apple cider, apple cider vinegar, shallots, dijon mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir or whisk until everything combines well.
- Assemble your salad by creating a bed of mixed greens. Fan out your sliced apple and pear, dried cranberries, crumbled bacon, and feta. Top with the dressing. The leftover dressing can be stored in the fridge for later use.
Recipe and food styling by Maria Hak