"As the summer heat fades out, take in the bounty with this botanical citrus salad. Apricots pair perfectly with lemon and herbs to give the dish a tart kick with a sweet finish." - Dani
Time: 30 Minutes, Serves: 2-4
For the salad:
- 125 g fior di latte
- 6 small apricots, halved
- 1 orange, sliced and peeled
- 11 basil leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
For the dressing:
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp finely grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Plate the dish working in layers. Start by plating most of the orange slices. If any are broken, save them for topping. Then tuck in half the basil leaves
- Pull apart the fior di latte into bit-size pieces. Top the oranges and basil with apricot halves and the fior di latte.
- Add the remaining basil leaves, then drizzle dressing over the entire dish.
- To finish, sprinkle everything with crushed almonds and flakey sea salt.
Recipe, Photography and Food Styling by Dani Wiens (@churchofeelingood)
Dani Wiens is a Nutritionist and Recipe Developer based in Toronto, Canada.