Cinnamon Rolls definitely had their moment this year, and for good reason! They are the perfect combination of soft and chew, and nothing beats the childhood nostalgia.
This recipe was a suggestion from Lauren from the INKA team. She says, "While in quarantine, my roommates and I took the time to bake all of our favorite things, and homemade cinnamon buns were a no brainer for me. They are a lot of work, but a great way to spend time together and bake something delicious."
- ¼ cup + 3tbsp butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F & butter a 9-inch square baking dish.
- Whisk flour, 2tbsp of white sugar, baking powder & salt together in a bowl. Mix in 3 tbsp butter with hands. Beat milk & egg in separate bowl. Pour into flour mixture & stir until dough feels soft.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface & roll into ¼ inch thick rectangles. Brush dough with melted butter.
- Whisk ½ cup of white sugar, brown sugar & cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixture in the bottom of the baking dish & half over the dough. Roll the dough tightly into a log & slice into 18 rolls.
- Place each roll into baking dish & bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
Photography by Lauren Allvord, words by Emilie Swan