A protein-packed sandwich for the vegetarian or tuna averse. It comes together in just two steps and keeps you nourished for the rest of your day. What more can you ask for?
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp mayo
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Tomato, sliced
- Sourdough bread
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl using the back of a fork. Add shallot, parsley, mayo, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and salt until combined.
- Build your sandwich. Toast bread, add your tomatoes and arugula and add a generous helping of chickpea salad. Serve with a side of chips.
Recipe and food styling by Ann Marie Elaban - a food stylist, content creator, and crafter in Cleveland, Ohio.